Manufacturing is changing, and we need the best people on the job.
At Opulo, we’re changing the way folks bring their product to market. Our machines facilitate mid-scale manufacturing, where you make your product at a moderate scale before making the risky and expensive jump to mass production.
As a Manufacturing Technician, you will not only help fabricate and assemble our machines, but you’ll use those machines themselves to build them. You’ll get your hands into every aspect of production, from operating the pick and place, debugging and fixing PCBAs, helping tune and develop processes, to packaging and managing orders.
If you want to be a part of changing manufacturing, we want you to join us as a Manufacturing Technician.
- Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to instructions
- Operate our next gen pick and place to produce printed circuit board assemblies
- Hand-placing and inspecting surface mount electrical components
- Reworking surface mount and through hole parts on a circuit board
- Debugging assembly issues using deductive reasoning
- Tune and tweak machine settings to optimize machine performance
- Kitting and packing machines and their various subassemblies
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning, lubricating, and quality control
- Managing order shipment, logistics, and inventory tracking for finished goods and production material
- Perform final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products
- Are excited to work for a young, fast growing company where things are never boring
- Love working hands-on with electronics and hardware
- Can communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Have the ability to work on your feet for several hours at a time
- Are able to transport yourself to our Pittsburgh office location, located at 643 First Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
We are especially interested in candidates who either have prior experience with, or an interest in learning, the following skills/tools:
- Ecommerce tools such as Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.
- Familiarity with schematics, blueprints, and wiring diagrams
- Familiarity with basic power tools, such as drills, electric screwdrivers, Dremels, and circular saws
- Even if you have no experience with these topics listed above, we are more than willing to teach the right person!
- Eligible to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship
- Position is offered as a full-time (40 hr/wk) role, with opportunity for additional hours as business grows
- Candidates interested in a flexible part-time (up to 20 hr/week) schedule may still be considered for this position
- Position does not include healthcare benefits or any employer sponsored retirement plan
- Our base pay range is $16 - $21 per hour, depending on experience and pre-existing skill set.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing in some way, please apply!