Technical Marketing Strategist
Manufacturing is changing, and we need the best people on the job. If you want to be a part of changing manufacturing, please consider joining us as a Technical Marketing Strategist.
At Opulo, we’re changing the way folks bring their product to market. Our machines facilitate mid-scale manufacturing, where you make your product at a moderate scale before making the risky and expensive jump to mass production.
As a Technical Marketing Strategist, your goal is to find folks that are in need of this in-between method of manufacturing, and convert them to customers.
- Take existing target market research and further our understanding based on customer (and prospective customer) interviews
- Identify specific verticals where this technology can be useful
- Optimize advertising campaigns with Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Meta Advertising, etc.
- Invent and implement weird, creative, and strange methods of reaching out to folks and sharing the usefulness of mid-scale manufacturing
- Handle marketing campaigns for prospective customers
- Are excited to work for a young, fast growing company where things are never boring
- Have familiarity with running digital marketing campaigns
- Don’t mind diving into completely new territory and absorbing as much as you can
- Have experience identifying target markets, based on customer research
- Are self-directed, driven, and able to own and complete projects independently
- Are comfortable leveraging data to make informed strategic decisions
- Don't mind rolling up your sleeves occasionally to close a deal
- Position is for a full-time 6-weeks contract. Our base pay range is $40 - $50 per hour, but can call outside that range depending on experience and pre-existing skill set.
Prior experience with, or interest in learning the following skills/tools:
- Hubspot, Shopify, and related e-commerce applications
- Experience with electronics and electronic manufacturing technologies
- Experience with direct sales and customer relationship management
- Experience with event management and promotion
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time
- Position details:
- Eligible to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship
- Fully remote is acceptable, but you optionally may come to our downtown Pittsburgh office if preferred.
- Position starts part-time, on a 20 hr/week basis
- Opportunity for eventual full-time (40 hr/wk) employment available
- Exact schedule is flexible, we understand that as a part-time teammate you will most likely have other commitments such as school or additional jobs that we will need to take into consideration
- Position does not include healthcare benefits or any employer sponsored retirement plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing in some way, please apply!